What Classifies as Manga Anyway? - { unpublished draft from 11/08/18 }
2 years young a published writer and illustrator. I'm comparing myself to those who have been doing this perhaps 10 times as long as I have or longer.
I feel thankful for the amazing local talent we have here in Melbourne in Manga. I feel like a mere beginner in comparison, and in actual fact I am.. but I forget it. I attended a panel at Animanga today featuring Kai Lynk, Madelenie Rosca and Queenie Chan. All of them very accomplished in their own right, and highly skilled. All poising their own Manga unique style.
I wonder if I can be classified the same way? What classifies as Manga anyway? I feel sometimes my characters are too distorted with a westernized curve. But isn't that what makes them unique to me? That's my style. No one else has my style. I am referencing my favorites, but I can't shake out the 'angie'.
Be patient. You are hard on yourself. You are you're own worst enemy. I want to classified as a Mangaka. What do I do? Keep working. Forget about all that. Get an editor.
Things are working out. I tell myself that. And I know that, opening the door to my room and discovering water has leaked from the ceiling and creased the current page I'm working on. For some strange reason it didn't bother me. After all, there is rain in the scene.
Still. I must escape from the current rental. I have no idea where I'm going next. Part of me wants to escape to a place where I can be left alone in peace to create. That could be anywhere really. It doesn't have to be out of Melbourne. I love creating comics.
First and for most. Let's get this comic inked. That's Courier The Adventures Of Geraldine Barker Issue #4 !
Angie xox
I feel thankful for the amazing local talent we have here in Melbourne in Manga. I feel like a mere beginner in comparison, and in actual fact I am.. but I forget it. I attended a panel at Animanga today featuring Kai Lynk, Madelenie Rosca and Queenie Chan. All of them very accomplished in their own right, and highly skilled. All poising their own Manga unique style.
I wonder if I can be classified the same way? What classifies as Manga anyway? I feel sometimes my characters are too distorted with a westernized curve. But isn't that what makes them unique to me? That's my style. No one else has my style. I am referencing my favorites, but I can't shake out the 'angie'.Be patient. You are hard on yourself. You are you're own worst enemy. I want to classified as a Mangaka. What do I do? Keep working. Forget about all that. Get an editor.
Things are working out. I tell myself that. And I know that, opening the door to my room and discovering water has leaked from the ceiling and creased the current page I'm working on. For some strange reason it didn't bother me. After all, there is rain in the scene.
Still. I must escape from the current rental. I have no idea where I'm going next. Part of me wants to escape to a place where I can be left alone in peace to create. That could be anywhere really. It doesn't have to be out of Melbourne. I love creating comics.
First and for most. Let's get this comic inked. That's Courier The Adventures Of Geraldine Barker Issue #4 !
Angie xox
Comments
Post a Comment